Saturday, April 29, 2006

Action Philosophers #5

Thanks to my Dad I have now been introduced to Action Philosophers. This is an amazing comic. I mean I've taken philosophy classes before, I've read Waiting for Godot for my senior year in high school, and I've even read Sophie's World. But really, I can't think of a better way to explore different philosophical viewpoints than by turning famous philosophers into Action Heros (of a sort). Somewhat reminescant of my favorite translations of The Art of War (because everything is better as a comic book!)

This fun filled issue featured Descartes, Sartre, and best of all Derrida. Words cannot adequately describe the true power of images such as a spaceman sticking out his tongue at Abe Lincoln, or images of God literally stamping his work. Even the horribly awful "Denile" to the Nile pun worked in this comic.

But the absolute best is Jacques Derrida as "THE DECONSTRUCTIONATOR"

All this and learning too!

If you are not reading this comic you should be. I look forward to the reprint of #s 1-3 in June when I will get to see Joseph Campbell in Action!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a truly great comic and shows that comic books can do more then just entertain us with spandex.

Saturday, April 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read this book! I've heard so many great things about it. Hope they're making money on this. We need more fun, educational and diverse comics like these.

Saturday, April 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home