Thursday, June 22, 2006

Fables #50

I cannot properly express my glee at recieving Fables #50 in the mail today. Inadequate as words may be I have to make the attempt regardless.

You already know how much I love Bigby Wolf and I thought little could top my happiness at his return last issue. I was wrong.

I've spoken before about how romance is mostly dead in comic books today. In Fables it is alive and kicking. Bigby and Snow's love story has been one of the more interesting things in comics since Fables hit the shelves. We have had the chance to see them through their growing friendship, their inevitable romance, and the pain of seperation. Finally united they are given a chance at a real happy ever after.

This issue also gives us the bonus of Bigby as an action hero once again. As much as I have enjoyed the interim issues (as in story archs without Bigby) the heart of Fables has always been Bigby Wolf and Snow White. Also, the cover art from this issue got autioned off on ebay! There are some rich Fables fans out there. I eagerly await whatever Fables has in store for us next and even if the next six issues are a complete letdown this comic will still be on my top 5 list for 2006.

If you haven't been reading Fables you've been missing out. It's a story that makes one feel as if there is a world of adventure, romance and possibility out there just waiting to be discovered.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed! One of the best comics this year!

Friday, June 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another agreed! Just caught back up with the book. Read 48 and 49 but they didn't prepare me for the greatness of 50. What a book! For all those, like me, who gave up on the book after the anti-climatic reveal of the Adversary followed by Arabian Nights, perhaps the worst arc in the run of the book, come on back to it with 50. You won't be lost and you will not be disappointed.

Friday, June 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home