Thursday, May 04, 2006

abberant

In the realm of gaming there is one tabletop game that calls to comic book fans - that game is Abberant. The game that takes place in a world simalar to ours in all ways except there are superheroes. This summer I have been invited to play in such a game :)

I was thinking about what powers I would have in the game, and as the last time we played (about two years ago) I played a character with phasing abilities and invisibility - this time I wanted to go a different route. Having read the new Aquaman stuff a while back, I had found it amusing to consider that Aquaman's real super power had been breathing air (kind of). So I thought it would be fun to make a real character that could breath air as her superpower (in Abberant terms this means the before her powers manifested she could only survive underwater).
too bad Dolphin was a lame character

Of course on the surface world she'd seem to be powerful as she'd have greater strength and such due to being built to survive great depths. It was more an idea to be able to tell those who asked what my power was that I could breathe air. I find amusement in small things. I've decided that her later powers will give her the ability to animate water.

Anyway, what this is all leading up to - with André's help I've narrowed her superhero name down to two ideas and I'd like your opinions:

Tsunami or Riptide

I'm aware that one or both of these may have been used before, but if so they were somewhat obscure (I think Riptide was some dead guy from Youngblood or something). Either way its for a game, not for a published story. Oh and her real name would be Gillian "Gilly" Harper - because after long hours spent reading the Legion of Superheroes it was either that or name her Aqualass.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tsunami was a character in Young All Stars I believe and was Asian, I forget who Riptide is, but of the two Tsunami is cooler. Mera - Aquaman's wife could do hard water tricks.

Dolphin was lame at one point, but Peter David made her cool and she married Tempest and they had a child together.

Thursday, May 04, 2006  
Blogger Gwen said...

I think I am going to go with Tsunami, I'll use Riptide for Gilly's mentor's name.

And perhaps lame wasn't the right term... it's more like she was a wasted character. I'd have liked to see more of her.

I mean if Man-Bat gets his own book...

Friday, May 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm... abberant. In my opinion, one of White Wolf's finest creations. I think Tsunami is definitely the prize-winner.

Elemental mastery or projectile?


Who are you plaing with, anyway?



- PGS

Saturday, May 06, 2006  
Blogger Gwen said...

Elemental Anima - and with Mike, Arielle, Gary, Andre, and Rene

Sunday, May 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home