Sunday, June 25, 2006

LoSH cartoon

I've been looking forward to the Legion of Superheroes cartoon coming out this fall... until I saw the promotional pictures. Now I'm a bit worried.


What is with Timber Wolf's head? I mean, sure, I can see the werewolf look, but his head looks squashed. And Phantom Girl's eyes are just plain creepy looking. Also, where's Cosmic Boy? I mean, I know I've made fun of the poor kid's costume in the past but he's one of the founding three! You can't have a Legion without Cos! I've read that he's in the actual show (Wil Wheton's doing his voice) but I really think he should be one of the core members at the launch of the series.

This promo just causes me more worries. What did they do to my sweet wonderful Brainiac 5? Has he been replaced by girraffe boy? ugh. After the pain the animation causes me with the Titans series I'm not sure I can take much more. I'll still give the show a shot but it may go the same way as the Titans - in that I won't beable to watch it because it's so ugly. Oh well.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that Brainiac is a robot - UGH!!!

Monday, June 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This show is being aimed at the very young who are really into anime right now. That's why the super-cutesy look was adopted. Bruce Timm won't be involved in this series so it is sure to lose quality for his absence. If you want a well done League cartoon, check out their guest episode in Superman The Animated Series. It's on the 3rd and final box set for the show, available now. Also, if you want your dreamy Brainy look to the Justice League Unlimited Cartoon Far From Home. It stars some of the League and Supergirl and is a really fun episode, which one would expect as Paul Dini wrote it. Supergirl+Brainy sitting in a tree.....

Monday, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Arielle said...

Not a big fan of that art style, either.

Oh, for the days of Batman and Gargoyles. Not only was the content good, but the animation was easy on the eyes as well!

Monday, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Gwen said...

Brainy as a robot? That's just annoying >< I don't even think that style of animation is "cutetsy" - it just looks ugly to me, worse than even the Titans.

Jeff - thanks, I'll have to check out those episodes.

Monday, June 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home