Thursday, July 06, 2006

Legos

I had Legos when I was a kid, and sure, they could be fun. But damn, we went to Toys R Us the other day and until then I hadn't realized how awesome Legos had become! We got two pirate ships (similar to the one in the picture but a bit smaller) for André to use as props for the D&D game he runs. The little skeleton pirates are pretty awesome. Also, at the Mega Blocks website they have this little flash video of the lego-pirates... and it's hilarious. I don't think it's intended to be, but it is. You should go watch it!Marvel has quite a few mini legos heroes running around. Wolverine is pretty funny looking. They actually had Spidey and the Green Goblin in their own little package with a city building scene that you could make into their battle ground.

Batman has a couple of different sets - this is the one with Two Face, but there's also a Joker, Killer Croc, and Catwoman one. Actually they had one really elaborate scene in the Lego-Batcave set up in the display case and they even had Lego-Alfred!

I wish Legos were this cool when I was a kid. Now I want to get all the Legion pocket heroes and a bunch of yellow legos and build the old style clubhouse - you know, the one that looked as if it was way to smalll to actually house their meetings.

Either way at least I have pirate ships to play with :) It helps me get in the mood for Pirates of the Carribean this weekend. I'm very excited!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you build the Legion Clubhouse send me a picture.

Thursday, July 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gotta hand it to Lego. They were dying out, along with all the other toys of my youth, as computers and video games took over with the kids. They put together a very aggressive campaign to stay in business and got some killer licensing agreements. The one with Star Wars saved their bacon. Legos are really, really cool now, BUT just like comics, Legos are geared toward the collector and adult fan now instead of the kiddies. I mean, the Batman/Joker set is $50. $50?!?! Who's gonna spend that much and then give it to a kid to break and lose pieces?
Hope you like your pirate ships. Avast Matey, raise the mizzenmast and weigh anchor!! We're off to keelhaul a mangy varmint and make him walk the plank. Aye, it's off to Davey Jones' locker with that mutinous scum!!

Thursday, July 06, 2006  
Blogger Gwen said...

I dunno Jeff - people spend crazy money on their kids these days!

Thursday, July 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home